In order to ensure the proper functioning of the Archaeological Site of Ocuri and thus protect its heritage value, in accordance with the general legislation in force, some basic rules have been established which must be taken into account when visiting the Roman City of Ocuri.
Hygiene guidelines and instructions against COVID-19
- Mandatory use of face mask.
- Maintain interpersonal distance (approximately 2 metres).
- Avoid greeting with physical contact, including shaking hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or a water-alcohol solution, especially after coughing or sneezing, after touching potentially contaminated surfaces. Try to keep the handwashing time to at least 40 seconds.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing (tissue or in your elbow). If you use a tissue, throw it away afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Visits are restricted to a maximum of 20 people.
During the visit to the site it is not permitted to:
- Smoking on the site and in its annexed installations (Spanish Act 28/2005, of 26 December – Article 7).
- Going off the marked path.
- Running, pushing, shoving or impeding the proper flow of other visitors.
- Stepping on or climbing on site walls and faces that are not designated for this purpose.
- Throwing objects on the ground, especially from the walls and tower that make up the structure of the site.
- Access with food and/or drink inside the enclosure, except plastic bottles.
- Children must be accompanied at all times by an adult, who will take care of their correct behaviour, avoiding possible accidents.
- During school visits, the teacher and/or monitor is responsible for the correct behaviour of his/her pupils.
Given the unique physical characteristics of the site itself and the weather, the following recommendations are given to make the visit as pleasant as possible.
- The use of comfortable footwear is recommended. For the visitor’s safety, it is not advisable to visit the museum wearing high heels or open-toed shoes.
- During the summer months, it is advisable to bring water and a cap/hat for sun protection.
- During autumn and winter, it is essential to wear warm clothing.
- Follow the guide’s instructions at all times throughout the tour.
- Visits to the site are only possible through exclusive guided tours.
- The site has a visitor reception centre where you can buy your ticket, as well as an audiovisual room.
- It is always advisable to book a visit in advance.